Problems with Rome-Total War

belcanto 19:59 27 Mar 05

Hi there-I brought rome-total war after watching and enjoying "Time Commanders" on the Tv. The thing is though is that it wont play properly, despite getting a patch from the website, updating soundcard/graphics drivers. The problem is this: First of all it installs without asking for the installation code. Next it keeps on crashing, sometimes after I win the tutorial battle, at other times when I am trying to take my first town. Third, on the options screen, the cursor ghosts all over the palce if I move it, making it impossible for me to see the screen after awhile. Can any one help?

My rig is: Amd Atholon XP2800+, 80gb hd, 512 memory, creative Audigy Ls sound card, Nvidia FX5200 128 mb Agp graphics card.

Belcanto

rmriph 20:26 27 Mar 05

Hi,Have you disabled your antivirus and internet security before starting the game?Try using a search site and typing in Rome,there is one site dealing with the problems they might be able to help.I have a lower spec computer and after some problems it is working OK ,good luck
Bob

Ivor_Monkey 21:05 27 Mar 05

belcanto, the installation procedure seemed to have gone wrong.

Uninstall and reinstall with anti virus off.

I presume the game is from a reputable supplier. In which case, if it doesn't play properly after your reinstall atempt, take it back. I think you need an installation code.

rmriph 08:17 28 Mar 05

Hi, found the site that helped me get out of trouble click here
Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…