Problems with Rio Carbon

Perhaps someone help with this problem. The Rio Carbon we have just purchased is not being recognised by my computer system - windows xp professional. It says that the USB device is malfunctioning. I have tried disconnecting all USBs and also tried using different USB ports, which work with other devices. I have also tried using the wizard, which does not automatically appear. The device does not appear on my desk top and when I select "have a disk", I am told that the disc does not have the correct information. I don't know what else to do. I can go into the music manager but I cannot transfer music because the button is not highlighted, presumably because the USB is not accepting the device. Please help someone

SANTOS7 15:48 21 Apr 05

Thanks for your response but I have tried changing the USBs, removing them, etc. Also the drivers are installed into the Rio Carbon itself so there's nothing to download. Only other thing could be faulty USB cable. Still no further forward

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…