Problems restoring PC

ikle_pixie 22:37 26 Oct 06

I'm trying to restore my friends pc. It's got a restore cd. But when i Boot from the cd, when i get to the point of formatting and restoring, a message comes up saying the it cant find a ghost image on the r: drive and says symantec at the bottom, there is no r drive and symamtec Ghost isnt install on the machine....any ideas?

vinnyT 13:35 27 Oct 06

The cd is looking for a partition on the hard drive (r:), on which will be the restore image (the os, drivers, prog. etc.) to put the pc in as new condition.

It may be that your friend, or someone else, has formatted this partition and/or deleted the restore image. Without access to this partition/image, the cd will not be able to restore the pc.

The pc maker will have used a version of symamtec Ghost to both create the image and the cd, hence the 'symamtec Ghost' at the bottom of the screen.

Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…