problems with replacement graphics card

bernard-283734 17:31 21 Jan 06

I recently changed my graphics card because the fan was getting VERY noisy and i thought this might indicate it was on its way out.
Anyway...old card was TornadoGforceGMX 440...I replaced it with TORNADO GFORCE FX5500....both are AGP slots. When I boot up with the new card the comp does the beep beep thing which tells me something is wrong ....if i allow it to boot and 'restart' the computer does not beep and all is well.Also if i interrupt the boot up by pressing 'del' and enterring the bios ..then exit without any changes I get no beeps ...the card is recognised and works normally...Can anyone tell me wot is goimg on and how do I get the thing to boot up normally without beeping cotinuously. Motherboard is abitNF7-S/NF7-M/NF7(nvidia-nforce2)processor is AMD ATHLON (TM)XP2200+.i HAVE PUT THE OLD PROCESSOR BACK IN AND ALL RUNS NORMALLY ....BUT IF I PUT THE NEW ONE BACK IN IT ALL STARTS BEEPING AGAIN . PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP

Diodorus Siculus 17:38 21 Jan 06

Have you tried to uninstall the drivers?

Remove them with the old card in, install the new one, boot up and see how it goes.

bernard-283734 17:51 21 Jan 06

thanks for the advice ...i will try ...when i open my add/remove programs list i have 2 nvidia entris ..ie nvidia drivers and also nvidia windows 2000/xp display drivers .....must i remove both these entries or one and if one ....which one ....thanks

MidgetMan 17:54 21 Jan 06

click here

might help

bernard-283734 22:21 21 Jan 06

have tried uninstalling drivers and removing old card putting in new card and putting new drivers in ....but situation still the same ...HEEEEELP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now