Problems with removing a Search Bar

adiew 21:02 22 Jul 03

Within the last week i have noticed a searchbar with the name of tgliechlloo. I have never heard of this and every time i open up Internet Explorer this blue search bar comes up. When i go to View/Toolbars it is there and it is checked. When i uncheck it it disappears. The problem is that i cannot get rid of it at all and i dont want it opening up each time i open IE
Can someone please shed some light.

VoG II 21:11 22 Jul 03

Try Spybot click here and Ad-aware click here

Brazils 22:31 22 Jul 03

Sometimes these things work by redirecting your homepage.

Check your homepage by going to 'Tools', 'Internet Options'.

Brazils 22:32 22 Jul 03

... and then follow VoG's advice.

adiew 18:43 24 Jul 03

I have done the things that have been suggested but the search bar still comes up when i open a new browser. Another other suggestions.

Brazils 21:53 24 Jul 03

I have never heard of it either, and searching with Google turns up nothing! Silly question, but have you spelt it right?

Have you done the obvious and gone into Control Panel, Add/Remove Software to see if its listed?

Are you sure its not redirecting your Homepage. Try changing your Homepage to blank and see if it starts up.

What about System Restore?

muppetmark 21:59 24 Jul 03

click here for help on Hijackers and removal, also their forum is pretty good too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…