Problems removing a program

charlton200 09:32 27 Dec 08

Hi,
I am having trouble removing Channel 4 (4OD) program.
Add and remove programs on my PC hasn't worked for ages, so I cannot use that.
Cccleaner and Revo uninstaller just give me a script problem and will not uninstall the program.
How do I get rid of this program because it is causing me problems.

birdface 09:46 27 Dec 08

Does it not have its own uninstaller in all programs.

charlton200 09:54 27 Dec 08

Yes,
I get a script error if I try to remove or repair.

Technotiger 09:57 27 Dec 08

If you have not had the troublesome program on your pc for very long, perhaps a System Restore back to before you first installed it.

skidzy 10:00 27 Dec 08

Boot into safemode and try to remove the program.

Or reinstall the program and try to remove again.

charlton200 10:08 27 Dec 08

I have had the program on a long time and it' only just started giving me trouble.

I have tried the safe option, but I am unable to use ccleaner or Revo in this mode.

birdface 11:06 27 Dec 08

C Cleaner should work in safe mode.Try Add Remove in safe mode.Maybe open a new user account as an Administrator.That should work until you get your user account working.

birdface 11:12 27 Dec 08

Sorry .Please ignore the new user account.I was thinking about another thread at the time.

charlton200 11:31 28 Dec 08

I am unable to use ccleaner in safe mode. In am unable to use add/remove because its corrupt and all the removal buttons are missing(it's been like that for a long time). I Can't repair Channel 4 4OD program as it says something about khost not there and I can't uninstall because it says script error 214024894.

So what can i do I can't repair it and i can't watch it and i can't uninstall it.

Any more ideas please.

brundle 11:57 28 Dec 08

You need KClean to remove the Kontiki download service, used by CH4/Sky (do the BBC still use it too?). Various places to get it here; click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…