Problems reinstalling Serif software

Dragon Heart 01:09 01 Jul 05

Removed the whole of the Windows registry for PP7 entry via the registry editor

Rebooted then changed InstallShield to InstallShield.old and then tried to re-install.

It then claims network resource "ISScript.Msi" is unavailable. The only "ISScript.Msi" I can find on my PC is in my digital camera software !

I press cancel several times and the error message reappears each time.

After about the 4th or 5th try I get the "Installshield Wizard" asking if I wish to modify, repair or remove the programme. I try 'repair' and get some files installed but no application icons appear and I am unable to start PP7. I retry using 'modify' and same result !

I assume the basic problem lies with the registration protection Serif have on all their software, this is putting me off buying any more.

Any suggestions

BT 09:23 01 Jul 05

I have found that if you want to re-install Serif software you need to re-register on their site. I have only used the free versions of their software but have found that the registration no's that they send you the first time won't work a second time, but by re-registering the software becomes useable again. Its worth a try.

ventanas 10:05 01 Jul 05
  vinnyT 12:48 01 Jul 05

If neither of the above solve it, I suggest you post to the serif forum, not only are there a multitude of people knowledgable about the sware, but the forum is regularly posted to by serif employees who should be able to help.

Hope this helps.

vinnyT 12:49 01 Jul 05

Idiot (me that is, the forum is at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…