Problems recovering from Perite A virus

The Sheep 18:07 03 Feb 04

Hi there. My machine was infected with the above virus. I have managed to get rid of it by downloading a specific utility. The problem i am having is when i am trying to reinstall IE6. I downloaded the installation file from Microsoft's website, but when i try and run it, it goes so far then i get the following error:

This problem has occured when i have tried to re-install several other applicatiions. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

The Sheep 18:28 03 Feb 04

Kitz E Kat 20:10 03 Feb 04

Download it from click here, and try again....

The Sheep 23:09 03 Feb 04

thanks mate. i've downloaded the file, but it wont let me install it. It says the current dll is in use. Any ideas.

VoG II 23:12 03 Feb 04

Try in Safe Mode.

The Sheep 08:56 04 Feb 04

Thanks. I have tried it in safe mode and it still wont let me copy the dll.

Eastender 12:32 04 Feb 04

This might help click here

Eastender 13:08 04 Feb 04

Forget my previous, it may detect errors but you will have to pay to correct them.

billyliv 14:01 04 Feb 04

Hi, Try and re-instal the missing file by inserting your Windows CD and doing an over the top installation. this way you dont lose any data. Cheers, Bill
PS. Now you know not to open attachments unless you are totally sure where they are coming from, even then I would scan them first.

The Sheep 11:08 05 Feb 04

thanks for the info. My next question is how exactly do i go about doing that? I am running W98se. Cheers.

billyliv 09:28 06 Feb 04

Hi, Just put your 98SE disc in your CD/ROM and click 'Instal'. Dont remove anything, missing files will be replaced. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…