problems with realplayer and Windows Media player

mick73 17:50 21 Mar 09

I am running two PCs connected by a KVM switch. Suddenly both machines have stopped seeing my M3 players.they show on My Computer and will play back in realplayer but I can no longer load tracks onto them. One m/c has XP & one has Vista
Any help? Mick

peter99co 19:19 21 Mar 09
  mick73 20:03 21 Mar 09

I read the posts and installed real alternative. It would not start it would not respond to Task Manager so I uninstalled it. are there any other options?

peter99co 20:24 21 Mar 09

Without Realplayer or Alternative does the problem go away?

mick73 21:21 21 Mar 09

Nothing worked so I am running superantispyware and it has found 4 Trojans so far. DO NOT installK-lite, real alternetive or anything else from this site. I only hope I can ge rid of the Trojans

mick73 21:37 21 Mar 09

S A spyware cleared the malware still have thr problem

rdave13 21:40 21 Mar 09

From which site? File Hippo is a safe download site and always has been.
Suggest running SAS and Malwarebytes; click here , free trial version, in safe mode.
I've used Real Player for many years and contrary to many other forum members, have had no problems whatsoever with it. In my opinion it's a great program and not intrusive as suggested in other threads.

brundle 21:42 21 Mar 09

Which site exactly?
I've used both on all sorts of machines with all sorts of antispyware and antivirus products - never had one flag up infections within the programs or their installers. Downloaded from Filehippo or codecguide.

mick73 22:42 21 Mar 09

I downloaded the K-Lite and Real Alternative from the link "check out some of these posts" onPeter99co`s post above

mick73 22:45 21 Mar 09

I have no trouble with Realplayer I have used it for years, but it will not see my Mp3 players. I t did until two days ago. Same wih WMP

brundle 22:58 21 Mar 09

All filehippo. Never had a problem with anything downloaded from there. I think you picked up the infections somewhere else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017