Problems reading CD's / DVD's

TrevNI 14:42 06 Oct 04

I have a machine using Windows XP with a DVD and CD Rewriter which for some time now has been giving problems reading CD's.

I put a CD to copy in DVD or try to copy files from hard drive to RW CD in Re-Writer. Do all that is necessary to copy them OK and then off course click when finished to write these files to CD and everything finishes as normal and RW pops the CD out of drive but when I go to windows explorer to read the files on this CD it is blank. Taking it out of Rewriter and putting it into DVD tray it still seems to be bland and same result when I try to read it on my laptop.

This has happened numerous times and also is happening with CD's given to me that have beeb burned from other computers. Some contain program files others just jpeg pictures.

Any idea of what the problem is. The Rewriter is obviously getting power OK as when it gives the message to say it has finished copying it pops the tray out.

Trevor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…