Problems printing on wireless network

ivesy 08:55 23 Nov 08

I've discovered recently that if my partner wants to print a document from her laptop via our wireless router to the printer (HP C5180) then it will only print when the PC upstairs is off?

When the PC is on the message from the laptop mentions that 'another' system (or words to that effect) is using the network.

This started happening over the last couple of weeks. The only thing I have changed in that time is my Virus protection which was AVG but now I use Kaspersky version 7. I also use Comodo free firewall. I have a feeling it's one or maybe both these programs that could be stopping the laptop from printing.

I always have the firewall set to training and I haven't changed any of the setting of the virus program.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

MAJ 12:05 23 Nov 08

First step might be to see if it will print without the Antivirus and firewall running. If all works then we know where to start.

ivesy 15:53 23 Nov 08

Right. I've just switched off both and the printer worked.

Next I turned the Firewall back on and the printer worked.

Finally I tunred the AV back on and...the printer worked?

When I right click the AV icon in the task bar and select exit a message appears saying i have either multiple or just one open connection.

Could it be the AV is for want of a better word 'mucking' things up? Is there anything I can change in the AV settings?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac