Problems printing emails

Newuser2110 10:04 21 Dec 04

Hi! Hope someone has an easy answer to this. System is Win98se.Printer is a hp deskjet 5150. Recently upgraded to IE6 (From a Tesco disc)due to a problem.ie6 works ok and Express 6 works ok. Can go on net & collect mail, read them, send them but when i try to print an email nothing happens.Also have Outlook which i can collect emails in but cannot print out in that either.In the file/print the preview is grey out and when i press print nothing happens. Have checked printer properties and nothing is waiting.Does this mean a problem with HP drivers or with installation of ie6 and email.Have checked HP web site and there appears to be a later driver upgrade(Doesnt indicate why or what may have been fixed) but it is showing as 30Mb and i only have a dial up. would i be best to try and reinstall ie6 from tesco disc in case something happened on installation or must i remove ie6 and express first and then reinstall? What will happen to all my emails account settings? Can i go back to ie5 or is this not advisable.Pc only came with recovery disc not proper windows disc so other than Tesco disc how can i get an untampered version of 5 or 6.Be very grateful for any advise.

john-232317 10:15 21 Dec 04

Does the printer work with word or notepad or similar ? If not does it do a test page ?

Newuser2110 12:16 21 Dec 04

Thanks- Yes printer works fine. can print from word and others. does not seem to be a prtoblem with printer

john-232317 20:11 21 Dec 04

Must be IE playing up then, can you try a repair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…