Problems Printing

hk1 14:01 24 Jun 09

I have an Epson SX600FW printer (Scans / copies / Prints) which I have hard wired via USB to my Acer Aspire X3200 (AMD Phenom (em) 9100e Quad-core processor, 1.80 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 32-bit Op.System). Operating System Vista Home Prem.
I can copy, scan and save to my docs and pics on my PC, but I cannot print.
Each time I ask the PC to print, the doc or pic gets sent to a queue. When I click on the printer emblem at the bottom of my screen it states 'docs pending'. (Status: Printing - restarting).
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software, and even gone through the recovery process - on the advice of the Comet Helpline. Nothing has worked.
Please HELP!!

howard64 14:54 24 Jun 09

When you look in the printer properties does it say offline? If so you need to change it to online.

hk1 17:56 24 Jun 09

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Howard.
I have looked in the printers properties but cannot see where it says offline or online. I've opened every tab and had a good look, but cannot see anything regarding this.

john bunyan 19:34 24 Jun 09

Have a look here:
click here

john bunyan 19:36 24 Jun 09

I know this is not for vista but maybe a few hints. I seem to recall on Epsons you can puge the print queue by closing the spool manager.

lotvic 20:00 24 Jun 09

SX600FW How to check the driver and print queue status in Windows 2000, XP and Vista click here epson.co.uk

Hi john bunyan, I found the page for Vista

john bunyan 21:08 24 Jun 09

Hi lotvic, well done. Hope that solves it for hk1.

hk1 21:17 24 Jun 09

Thank you Lotvic, John Bunyan, and Howard.
I'm going to give your advice a spin.
I'll get back here to let you have the result.
Thanks again.
HK

hk1 14:37 08 Jul 09

On 24 June I posted a a message outlining a problem Printing. I am very grateful to those that responded, but unfortunately the problem persists.
The original problem read:
I have an Epson SX600FW printer (Scans / copies / Prints) which I have hard wired via USB to my Acer Aspire X3200 (AMD Phenom (em) 9100e Quad-core processor, 1.80 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 32-bit Op.System). Operating System Vista Home Prem.
I can copy, scan and save to my docs and pics on my PC, but I cannot print.
Each time I ask the PC to print, the doc or pic gets sent to a queue. When I click on the printer emblem at the bottom of my screen it states 'docs pending'. (Status: Printing - restarting).
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software, and even gone through the recovery process - on the advice of the Comet Helpline. Nothing has worked.
Please HELP!!'

Now, when I attempt to download the driver from the Epson website, I get the following message -
'WinZip Self-Extractor - Epson32400eu [1].exe.
copyright 2009 Seiko...etc...
Then -
Epson Printer Utility Set-up (not responding)
Then -
./Winvista_xp_2K/setup/setup.exe

If I try to copy the driver from the CD Rom it loads everything except when it gets to the point of connecting the USB and turning the pronter on it halts, and nothing further happens! However the driver for the scanner, manual, have downloaded. When I check the scanner I find it works and I can download scanned images to my files and docs! The printer will also copy. It just will not print!!

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

sharpamat 15:57 09 Jul 09

this sounds like the driver is not loading . disconnect the printer, and uninstall the software, and parts left physically remove them.If they arnt fully deleated any reinstall will fail

Go to epsons website and download and save the driver for your operating system as a backup ensure you have the correct one.

now switch on your printer with the leads in and see if your computer picks it up. if it doesnt then change to another usb lead and socket.

then disconnect the USB and allow the installation CD to do its work. pluging in the usb lead when instructed. if it still doesnt work try installing the driver you downloaded

howard64 17:37 09 Jul 09

adding to what sharpamat says . Also go to the start button then settings - printers and faxes - highlight the printer and right click delete. Then add/remove progs in control panel and remove anything related to epson. Then when you have uninstalled everything reboot your pc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now