Problems playing an SVQ format music file

AngelicAngel 14:03 12 Jan 04

I have a fujifilm 40i digital camera. I have some music files stored on the smartmedia card. These files are in the format of SVQ files. I have downloaded realOne player as instructed by Fujifilm, but I cannot play any of the files. I can however play the music files straight from my digital camera, it is just when i try to play them through my PC that I have this problem. Nothing seems to recognise this file type. I am running Windows XP Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sheila-214876 15:22 12 Jan 04

Well, I must admit that I thought I knew all the music format extensions but I have never heard of SVQ. Where/How did you record it to your camera card?

AngelicAngel 10:18 13 Jan 04

All I can think that has happened is I used to run windows ME. I put the music files on the smartmedia card when I was running this O/S and i think they went on as MP3's. I then decided to upgrade my PC to windows XP Pro. After I did this the files became SVQ. All I can put it down to now is that it's not compatible and that I'll have to erase the SVQ files and start again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…