Problems with Pipex

Border View 16:25 20 Nov 06

Is anyone else having problems connecting via Pipex. I have been with them for about three years and they were always excellent. However over the last month I have seen a decline in service.

I was without a bb connection from Saturday morning and only got back on line this afternoon. I am supposed to be on 1mbs but to be honest every page takes ages to load.

Just wondered if anyone else was having similar difficulties. I am located in Co. Durham run Windows XP With IE7

FreeCell 17:09 20 Nov 06

No problems with Pipex in Surrey, but if you look at the Network Service report says there has been connectivity problems this morning raised at 10:49.

colberly 18:04 20 Nov 06

No problems here in sunny Lancs.

Border View 20:18 20 Nov 06

Thanks for coming back to me. Situation slightly improved. Just waiting for it to go down again.

Lettervanman 20:23 20 Nov 06

The big problem I have with Pipex, is trying to stop them taking payments from my bank after I left them!!

palinka 21:59 20 Nov 06

no problems here in Cumbria.

Border View 22:16 20 Nov 06

Thank you everyone. Will mark this one as resolved. Question has been answered but my confidence level in Pipex has gone down.

anchor 12:39 21 Nov 06

I see you have ticked resolved, but just to add my experience here in NW London. No problems at all yesterday, or over the last month; (IE6 & XP).

I did read on WXP News that their editor recently had occasional problems loading pages using IE7. He ended up using Firefox.

Border View 15:16 21 Nov 06

This is driving me nuts. I just dont have a reliable connection. Between 9.30 p.m. and 11.30 p.m. last night it was excellent. That is the only time I've any length of time without a dropped connection or a flashing light and no connection since last Saturday morning. Pipex gave me a dial up 0808 number but when I try connecting via the internal modem (not BB) it wont accept my user name and password. I'm just waiting for this connection to drop out.

My problem is I'm tied to Pipex until next May. But what recourse do I have for such a terrible service/connection.

Would welcome your comments. If I dont come back straight away you will understand why.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…