Problems with Pioneer DVR 106D DVD R/RW drive

Stylo 22:48 27 Feb 04

I have a computer running Windows XP and the above DVD writer. It is claimed to be compatible with both DVD +R/RW and _R/RW discs, but it handles the minus format well it has always failed to record onto +R discs. The process runs well until it tries to close the disc after writing then it crashes and the disc becomes unreadable. The same problem occurs with both XP format then drag and drop and Nero express. Any ideas?

Dipso 22:53 27 Feb 04

No problems with + here?

bananaslik 09:59 28 Feb 04

hi Stylo, i have the 106d & i have tried both + & - without any faults.All i can suggest is that you try some better quality discs.

Totally-braindead 10:10 28 Feb 04

I bought the same DVD writer as you have for a friend of mine and he uses + and - disks with no problems. As babanaslik says perhaps its your disks

961 10:20 28 Feb 04

I agree it is probably the fault of the disks but suggest the forum at click here might help

Stylo 15:34 29 Feb 04

Thanks for your thoughts. What discs do you know work? I have tried Imation DVD+R.

tafoody 15:40 29 Feb 04

you mention nero express, have you updated to the latest version, and IN-CD if you're using that to.

Stylo 15:55 29 Feb 04

Yes I have thanks.

tafoody 16:01 29 Feb 04

you can read some DVD media comments etc for the pioneer click here

and bigpockets provide a compatability chart for the media they sell click here

bananaslik 17:46 29 Feb 04

i use bulkpaq orange tops,datawrite yellow top,use anything that has the ritek go4 dye in them

Stylo 18:26 29 Feb 04

Thanks for the comments and links. I will try an alternative from the list and see what happens. Incidentally Philips DVD+RW are ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…