Problems with PDF - Photoshop overrides Acrobat

Trikie 17:52 12 Sep 03

Some programmes provide Help via internet using PDF. I've got Acrobat and Photoshop Limited Edition and but when I try to access these Photoshop comes up with the message "Could not complete your request because this is not an Adobe Photoshop PDF image file"

How do I get over this?

Forum Editor 18:00 12 Sep 03

my computer and then on Tools. Select Folder options from the menu, and then click on the tab marked 'File types'.

Now scroll down until you see PDF - it will have Photoshop listed as the default application for opening this type of file. Click once to highlight it and select the 'Change' button - now select Acrobat as the default application and you should have no further problem.

As a general rule it's a good idea to watch carefully when installing new applications - many of them indicate that they are going to set themselves as the default for certain file types, and you have the option to prevent it if you want to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…