Problems With PC - Possible Virus/Trojan/Malware ?

Poloman69™ 19:39 18 Mar 05

I wonder if you can help. My friends PC is acting kinda weird. When he switches on, all loads up fine, but whenever he tries to log on onlione, if the site has any affiliation with an antivirus co. (ie. AVG) or spyware removal co. (Ad-aware) it shuts it down.

The same also happens when he tries to open his task manager - shuts it down, same if i right click on START then go 'Properties' - it shuts down.

I have a feeling that it could be MSN messenger related due to the similar functions as the Serflog virus, but myself i don't believe in using messenger so never really have.

Has anyone had similar bizarrities happen to them who would know what to do? I tried doing a Hijack log earlier, but PC screwed up on me whilst attempt. Running in safe mode does allow me more access, but at the mo. its very temperamental.

Any Help would be great ......

P.S. They are running XP-Pro

stalion 20:09 18 Mar 05
  stalion 20:16 18 Mar 05
  Completealias 21:00 18 Mar 05

Clean up the disk as well any temp files etc

Poloman69™ 15:20 19 Mar 05

Still not worked as p won't allow the opening of the site

click here

Chirag 15:25 19 Mar 05

do they have windows xp service pack 2? if yes when they open there computer n login does the security thing come n say run/cancel n dissapea/. with names svchost and snss?

Poloman69™ 15:37 19 Mar 05

No, they do not have SP2 - cannot get to website to download it, i am at parents who only have dial-up so would take forever, and missed the PC Advisor copy when SP2 was free enclosed - bummer.

Chirag 15:43 19 Mar 05

use hijack in safe mode n delete the one which says msvc or something like that thats what i had done and then when i had restarted it diidnt come n i was able to get my norton running and afterwards i deleted something in the registry which is causing me lots of problems at the moment.

Poloman69™ 08:56 22 Mar 05

Downloaded some info off symnatec, will try that. If not i'll be back for more help. Will try hijack This, but his log is some bloody huge, don't know what to keep and what to remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…