Problems with Outlook Express

la la 08:03 02 Mar 09

My Outlook Express keeps asking for password confirmation and when I type it in it refuses to accept it - error code 0x800CCC92. It sends all my incoming mail to Yahoo but I am able to send messages from Outlook. Should I hope this rights itself or go ahead and change the password ?

Diodorus Siculus 08:54 02 Mar 09

Ensure that the smtp / pop3 address and password in Outlook Express is the same as that in Outlook.

What do you mean by saying that it sends incoming mail to Yahoo?

Who is your mail provider?

la la 09:39 02 Mar 09

My mail provider is BT and all my mail should go to Outlook Express but for a long time now it sometimes it goes to BT Yahoo Mail Spam and I have to move it to Inbox and from there it goes to Outlook Express. Very occasionally it goes to the Inbox in Yahoo Mail and when I go into that it moves to Outlook Express.

Diodorus Siculus 09:50 02 Mar 09

Go to click here and click on 'Mail' in the personal assistant section. When the Mail page has loaded select 'options' and then select 'spam'.
You'll see a 'Control SpamGuard' check near the top - select this and then 'save changes'.

That means all your mail will go to the inbox and thus into OE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…