Problems with OS recognition

Fleetblue 12:19 21 Feb 10

I've been having a few problems recently, including the nvlddmkm.sys error, which is still plagueing me, but now I'm wondering if my OS is not being recognised by some sites.

I have:
Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Intel(R)Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU [email protected] GHz
2.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce8800 GT

Now this is what is happening: I went on to Microsoft Support to ask a question about Vista Services Packs and this is the reply I got:

This article applies to a different version of Windows than the one you are using. Content in this article may not be relevant to you.
Visit the Windows XP Solution Center.

I went on to Windows Update. I was told I needed Administrator Privileges (I am an Administrator) and also received this:

If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Taff™ 12:48 21 Feb 10

First thing I`d do is run a System File Check. Go to Start>Run (Windows Key + R Key will do it too) type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes and note the space between c & /.

Fleetblue 16:55 21 Feb 10

Ran the System File Check but the only files it found any problems with were related to Windows Sidebar. I tried installing KB940105 but got a message that this did not apply to my system, but it's a Vista fix. Puzzled.

sunnystaines 17:04 21 Feb 10

thats a nvidia graphics error.

unistall graphics driver and install latest driver from nvidia

Taff™ 17:57 21 Feb 10

Agreed - Reinstall the Nvidia graphics driver. (Any Link sunnystaines?)

sunnystaines 18:14 21 Feb 10

as requested

click here

Taff™ 18:58 21 Feb 10

Thanks Mate. Didn`t know where to find it myself but you`d obviously researched it. Let`s hope this gets some way to solving Fleetblue`s problem!

Fleetblue 09:42 22 Feb 10

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll get that sorted now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac