Problems with Orange dongle- Please help? So frustrating...!

buel 13:27 PM 04 Feb 12

Hi, I have a HP Pavillion ze4800 and i am trying to get my new Orange dongle to work with it. Earlier on i used just a wireless dongle with it's own software to access my home broadband which worked fine. Then i tried the Orange dongle with it's own software and it just wont connect. It receives texts ok, has two out of five 'signal strength' bars lit up and is flashing green every 3 seconds to show that (according to the booklet) it is 'registering with a 2g network'.

However, it says 'Ready to connect' and yet when i click 'connect' it says 'connecting to mobile broadband' and then says 'Unable to connect'.

I have uninstalled the previous software for the previous wireless dongle and restarted but still get the same message.

Please can someone give me a hand?

buel 13:31 PM 04 Feb 12

Ps- I have tried Orange 'Technical help' but they were absolutely useless.

mimosa418 14:16 PM 04 Feb 12

You require a 3g network to get broadband. Sounds as if there is no 3G reception in your area.

buel 14:24 PM 04 Feb 12

Hi, But i can connect to the internet using my phone as a modem/router though?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know