Problems with Orange?

Severn Bore 15:10 30 Oct 07

Hi
I have lost connection with my Orange ISP on two nights running, when my PC has been switched off. Everything works OK, but when I switch the PC back on the next day I have no "ordinary landline" telephone and the Livebox has cut out. By experiment I found that by restting the Livebox and reinstalling the CD the Internet starts operating again as normal.
Has anyone else experienced this?

ventanas 16:06 30 Oct 07

All connections, no matter what ISP will drop off from time to time. Its just a fact of life. I'm with Orange, and yes mine went off two days running last week. All I do is switch off the Livebox and switch it back on again. Then wait for the three light to stabilise. No need to run the CD again, that does nothing to the Livebox, it just installs the driver for your wireless adaptor.

I'm not sure what you mean by "no ordinary landline."
But it seems as though you may have a fault either with the line, the filter, or even the connection point on the wall. These can fail

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…