Problems opening roxio creator 9

hiwatt 19:05 07 Sep 08

Hi folks.When I click on roxio creator 9 to burn a disc the program opens but windows installer opens with it saying please wait while windows configures
then it says the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM that is not available,insert the roxio creator 9 LE disc and click ok.If I just click ok it says an installation for the package can't be found?.Eventually if I keep pressing cancel repeatedly I can use the program so it's there.Any idea what's causing this?The program came installed on the computer so I haven't got a disc for it.Any help appreciated.Thanks.

Technotiger 19:10 07 Sep 08

It seems as if the program needs a 'repair', but I believe this can only be done via the original disc.

Only other thing I can think of, without the disc, is, and this is only a guess - if this has only recently begun, perhaps a System Restore back to when it worked without the installer appearing might 'fix' it.

hiwatt 20:35 07 Sep 08

I've not used the program for a while and there's only 4 SR points available.I tried "installing" it with packard bell smart restore but no luck.Can't thnk what could've caused this?

Technotiger 20:44 07 Sep 08

Can't think what could've caused this?

Just one of those things with PC programs, any slight deviation can cause a small corruption rendering the program unusable - unless you had the original disc for a repair.

I'm afraid there is probably no way now, to continue to use this program.

Joe R 20:52 07 Sep 08

hiwatt,

in case you are stuck, this is a reliable free program. click here

hiwatt 20:54 07 Sep 08

Yes.I uninstalled it via packard bell's smart restore then re installed it and it's all ok now.Excellent.Thanks folks.

Technotiger 20:58 07 Sep 08

Just had another thought - there is a slight chance that this could have been caused by a glitch in the registry. It might be worth trying with a run of Ccleaner, click here just on the off-chance.

If you decide to go this route, make a fresh Restore Point before doing so.

Technotiger 21:03 07 Sep 08

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

I had not heard of PB's smart restore - I am intrigued as to how one can un-install and then re-install without a program disc.

hiwatt 10:08 08 Sep 08

Thanks for the link to cd burnerXP.I had that installed already but the dvd I burned wouldn't play in my standalone dvd player.It burned the disc as a data disc and would only show the files when I opened it.

hiwatt 10:09 08 Sep 08

Smartrestore is a program that comes installed with a packard bell computer and you can uninstall/install all the programs that came pre installed on the computer.Handy.Thanks folks.

Technotiger 11:11 08 Sep 08

Thanks for adding to my personal knowledge base .... Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5