Problems with office 2003 Powerpopint

Joeyace 14:58 11 Nov 05

Well here goes. I more or less manage the communal satellite system in an estate of govt flats, we have one dedicated information channel running off a pc in a main control room. The info channel is done in powerpoint in office 2003, anyone familiar with this program will know it comprises a selection of timed slides with different backgrounds, lettering, pictures etc....The problem I have is that every couple of days the info channel stops dead on any slide in the actual slideshow mode, or it stops and a blank picture appears.I am also running the latest addition of Winamp to give some music to the slides.The pc specs are very poor, AMD Athlon 999MHz 640 Mb of SDram, running on WIN XP SP 2, but having said that when the slides are working they run ok accompanied by the music.The pc is not connected to the internet so the 20Gb hard drive has no viruses, spyware etc....Before xp I was using WIN 98 se in which I was having the same problem, that is why I decided to change to xp, BUT! it is stopping more with xp than with 98 se. Any ideas are more than welcome, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…