Problems with OE and Pipex

SDJ 14:42 02 Feb 04

Sorry would try to work this one out for myself but have limited time!

Been to bosses house, his email doesnt want to work, keeps getting "error with server" I have checked all of the settings and they are fine. Even put my account details into and it didnt want to receive on that one either. Put settings in MS Outlook, no joy there either!

Come back to office and put his settings in my laptop which is connected to isdn connection with BT and I have meneged to receive an email.

I have also cleared off a tonne of adware using Lavasoft Adaware, loads of dialers downloadware etc etc if this could have effected anything.

Each member of the family has a Pipex account (even thought they all now use hotmail) and all on their own logons (winxp) none of them will connect to the Pipex server. Been happening for about two months.

Any suggestions would be most gratefully received.

Using NAV 2003 and ZA (ZA set to allow OE)

Stuartli 14:46 02 Feb 04

I have Tiscali and Pipex dialup accounts, OE6 and Windows XP Pro - I collect e-mails several times daily from both ISPs.

Stuartli 14:49 02 Feb 04

Are you using the proper Pipex phone number for your account?

Check with website.

SDJ 15:33 02 Feb 04

Connection isnt a problem.
Dials up first time everytime, its as if OE and Outlook are not giving Pipex a chance to connect to the server, it just times out every time.

I have had the settings set to use "Any Connection" and just "Pipex" I have also removed the accounts all together and re-entered them.

Does the repair internet explorer facility repair OE as well? the only trouble is I cant see IE in the Add/Remove programs screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…