Problems with OE and IE

newearwax 18:50 04 Apr 04

I use a dialup connection to OE and IE6. The dial up,OE and IE icons are in the try at the bottom left od screen and also on desktop. Sometimes I click on the dialup icon to connect and other times I click on OE or IE and the connection dialog box appears. The problem is that very recently even though the status of the connection is shown as active, freuently the message that I cannot acess the site off line appears followed by a fresh dial up dialog box. What is happenining? I am especially concerned as when I have sometimes tried to disconnect by clicking on the staus dailog box on disconnect nothing has happened and contro/alt/delete has resulted in blue screen- computer is busy. Finally I have had to switch off on the base unit.

Ihave installed four search and destroy type progrmas recently Adaware, Spybot, SpywareBlaster and Hijackthis.

johnnyrocker 18:54 04 Apr 04

tools/internet options/connection tab check connection details are correct and check dial up connection properties.

johnny.

newearwax 08:31 05 Apr 04

Thanks but can see nothing amiss but the boxes
automatically detect settings, Use automatic config script and user proxy server are a;; unchecked. I do not have a LAN nwork but I note that in the settings box related to that automatically detect is checked. The difficulty has occured before but I can't recall what caused it then. It's probably of no connection but this morning the computer went through its start up routine until I heared the whirrings that seem to be related to my usb scanner connecting. Then system closed down and restarted. I seem to get odd inexplicable happenings like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…