//some 3rd party need geo

Problems with OE

roygbiv 17:22 29 Oct 04

I have been messing about with a few settings, ( to use another ISP ) i have reverted back to my original ISP (for time being). I have used all the same settings as before (unless i have made a stupid mistake !!!!!) now my email will only recieve NOT SEND !!. Any pointers???. Alan

lpl56407 17:29 29 Oct 04

Which ISP have you reverted back to?
Have you checked that you have the correct outgoing mail serve address specified?

Gongoozler 17:30 29 Oct 04

Hi roygbiv. Your ISP should have all the settings on their website, but the most common error is via Tools - Accounts - Properties - Servers. Outgoing mail "smtp.myisp.co.uk" being set wrong.

roygbiv 19:29 29 Oct 04

I have double checked all the settings, they are all the same as before (i wrote them down)and it still isnt sending?????

pop3.giointernet.co.uk smtp.giointernet.co.uk.

Gongoozler 19:40 29 Oct 04

The other thing that has caught me out on occasion is when I've tried to send an email via one ISP server while I'm logged in to a different ISP. They generally don't allow that.

watchful 19:50 29 Oct 04

Just a thought, in Tools/Accounts/Mail/Properties/Connection tab, have you got the box ticked which says 'always connect to this account using' and make sure your ISP name is in the box below?

roygbiv 17:05 30 Oct 04

I have been away since last night, when i logged on my OE worked first time. STRANGE ?????

Gongoozler 17:57 30 Oct 04

Hi roygbiv. It could just have been an ISP server problem.

roygbiv 16:28 01 Nov 04

Monday pm. it doesnt send or rec. ??

GaT7 16:48 01 Nov 04

What error codes are you getting? G

roygbiv 16:54 01 Nov 04

errors 550 and 553

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…