Problems with Norton Query

Janet-201707 19:32 27 Jan 06

I am writing this on behalf of my man who is having problems with his PC. He is running Windows XP Home, with Norton Antivirus and Zone Alarm. Yesterday morning Norton picked up a virus threat, which was deleted. Later that afternoon he was doing his usual defrag. and an error message said some files could not be defragged as they were in quarantine. He took a look in Norton's quarantine files to find it was empty, so defragged PC again with same result. He then decided to go to System Restore, but an error message came up 'System cannot be restored, try another date, so he tried that 3 times, with same result.

Today, he uninstalled and re-installed Norton. Every thing seemed to be OK, but a message came up from Norton to tell him to uninstall and Re- install. Zone Alarm is saying PC is protected, but how can it be we Norton won't load and no Norton icon is in the taskbar??? Has he been got by a virus or what????

If I re-format the harddrive, will that put things right? We have our PC's Internet connections on a router, so I guess that will through that into chaos if I go down that road, and I don't know where to find the Info about the router connection on either PC. Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

bikerlady

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…