Problems with newsgroups with broadband

RCFlyer 09:31 10 Aug 03

I recently upgraded to FS broadband but have come across some problems within Outlook Express.

When I start OE, it automatically downloads new mail. If I click on a subscribed newsgroup I receive a 'connected' message in the bottom left corner. After about 30 seconds I get an error message saying that the TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. The configuration details are accept: news.freeserve.com, server: news.freeserve.com, protocol: NNTP and port: 119.

Clicking on the send/receive all button, somtimes gets me in to the newsgroup. This didn't happen with my old dial up connection.

Also, if I click on a newsgroup posting to read, with certain postings OE appears to hang and not download the message. The only way to clear this is to cancel by pressing escape. The size of the message doesn't seem to be an issue as some I've tried to read are only 1k. This doesn't happen with all postings, just occasional ones. Again, this didn't happen with my old dial-up connection

Can anyone advise?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…