Problems with networks?

jake2 19:41 11 Apr 05

My pc at work has recently become very unstable and today completely failed. Got various error messages leading up to "reinstall windows"! Problems began with computer freezing up when on line, leading to manual switch off, then scandisk. If I bypass this I get error messages 1. novell cannot open, 2. windows explorer cannot open 3 reinstall windows. Now I dont expect to be told how to fix this as the I.T. guy is back from holiday tomorrow, but what I am curious about is that I was told today "dont do disc clean or defragment your hard drive as this messeses up the computer in relation to the network" Surely that cant be right can it? Should add that the first sign that anything was wrong was after doing a disc clean the computer seemed to have lost "sophos" completely! it steadily worse from there. What do you all think?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…