Problems! - Netgear DG834GT

Chris_Healy 20:31 02 Aug 07

I am having very annoying problems with my Netgear DG834GT, and help would be greatly appreciated.
When I first got it, connection would drop every few hours, but I took no notice because afterall, its wireless.
Now, when I try to connect to the internet wirelessly, I can't. I'm no technician, but I am very sure that it is not my PC that is the problem, because the same thing happens on the laptops in the house too.
However, if I try to connect to it using the ethernet cable, it works. I cannot test this on my PC, however, as it is not close enough to the router. This is telling me its something wrong with the wireless, not the router as a whole, because he wireless icon on the router has a green light, so I am very confused.
I am with Sky Broadband and so far, the advice they have given proves to be unhelpful, and they seem to be reluctant to send out an engineer. There is a microfilter on every phone socket in the house.

Sorry if I worded that in a confusing way, but I am just so confused by ut myself that I have run out of ideas. As I said, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris_Healy 20:49 02 Aug 07

I knew I couldn't be the only person out there with this problem! I've been looking everywhere and can't find a solution though..
I have heard Sky do have a messed up firmware version, so you think I should change the firmware to the lates on the netgear website, and change the channel?

Chris_Healy 22:28 02 Aug 07

Well I tried to update the firmware version and it says its for the wrong router.
And I've been going through channels and so far, the PC seems to be stuck on aquiring a network address.

ambra4 02:56 03 Aug 07

Go this site and download correct firmware

DG834GT 108 Mbps Super Wireless ADSL Router with 4-Port 10/100 Switch

Downloads Firmware Version 1.02.09

click here

Chris_Healy 03:01 03 Aug 07

Thanks for the link, but it still says that it's not the correct one :S

ambra4 03:54 03 Aug 07

On the same site go the Recovery Utility and see if this will help you to upgrade the firmware

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…