Problems with .NET updates have now disappeared !!!

cocteau48 20:12 PM 22 May 12

As I posted on another earlier thread (re the .NET Framework updates constantly trying to reinstall after apparently successfully installing) I decided to just hide the updates and await developments.

This evening I went back into the MS update site expecting to be confronted with the usual amber warning that "you have hidden important updates do you wish to restore them" ...... No such warning appeared.

I clicked on the "restore hidden updates" in the LH menu ..... again no hidden updates appeared. ..... I HAD HIDDEN THEM 'onest.

I ran both the express and custom download function again ..... no updates available !

They are all still in the update history as having been successfully downloaded and installed but are no longer trying to reinstall themselves.

john bunyan 21:28 PM 22 May 12

Looks good. I have no problems with W7, but a while ago some reported .Net framework update problems. One, I remember, took ages to install. Maybe it ran on and was in the background. As long as it says it has installed I should not worry.

rdave13 22:21 PM 22 May 12

Same here on netbook running old man XP. Nowt on 7 but expected. Always has been a bit of a hassle with Framework updates with XP. Microsoft letting new apprentices look after the old OS 'till 2014 I suppose :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Microsoft's Gamescom 2015 Xbox conference: Watch Microsoft reveal new Xbox One games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…