problems with my pc

ROYWIDD 15:30 29 Jun 05

hello,where to start;i'm on win98se,athlonxp2000+,a few days ago,my pc started playing up,losing programs etc,i reformatted and put windows on again.the main things are:when i try to reinstall limewire,it wont load the java runtime files,i cant get it to keep my soundcard installation(creative sounblaster),it wont accept either IE6 or netscape(IE closes down,netscape error is illegal operation).trying to reinstall zonealarm i get"C:\WINDOWS\GLB1141.TMP Validation failed for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\VSINIT.DLL"
yahoo msssenger wont run,error is"illegal operation",and the frequent meesage:IExplore is closing"
HELP please???

recap 16:07 29 Jun 05

click here for IE6

Make sure you are downloading the latest version of Zonealarm

Go to Control Panel and uninstall your sound card then do a hard reboot, Windows should then detect new hardware and ask for the installation disc.

ROYWIDD 16:15 29 Jun 05

hello recap,thanks,i've done all of those,several times,it detects new hardware and asks for the disc,i re-install ok,but then it"loses"it somehow next time i reboot.re zonealarm,i got the version from the zonelabs site.i think my problems go deeper than that somehow,any ideas out there please?

Wak 20:39 29 Jun 05

Hi, See if this is of any help to you
click here

woodchip 20:44 29 Jun 05

You may have faulty memory

ROYWIDD 16:57 30 Jun 05

hello again,i've tried everything suggested thanks,still can't get IE6 to download.When i try to open various progs/applications,i'm getting the error message"...has caused an invalid page fault in module MSHTL.DLL",any further help and ideas would be most welcome please,the whole thing is getting to me now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…