Problems with my monitor

glen2409 21:12 30 Nov 03

I run Windows XP Pro.I have a Samsung Syncmaster 750s monitor. My graphics card is a GeForce MX440SE with the latest nvidia drivers.

When I go into device manager i have 3 monitors listed - 2 default monitors and a plug and play monitor which seems to be the one in use. Sometimes when i reboot I get an enlarged display and I cannot adjust the settings. my pc also boots up ok and can get to where the welcome screen should display but it then reboots.

Don't know if related. managed to get back ok using GoBack. only software had installed before problem was Easy CD and DVD creator.

Not sure why have 3 monitors listed and not the Samsung one.

A bit long I know but any ideas?

Diodorus Siculus 21:24 30 Nov 03

Remove all three from the device manager, reboot and tell xp that it is a default plug and play monitor; that often does the trick with xp drivers.

glen2409 21:39 30 Nov 03

I have tried removing all 3 but when I reboot they reappear again. If I go into safe mode they dont appear at all to even delete or uninstall.

Thanks but any other ideas

A_World_Maker 21:51 30 Nov 03

what are the other monitors, other than the default one, listed?

glen2409 21:57 30 Nov 03

There are 2 monitors listed a sdefault monitor and one as plug and play. I cannot get it to show one monitor and as my Samsung monitor

A_World_Maker 23:13 30 Nov 03

try this click here and search under support... then drivers... install a driver for your monitor.. let us know what happens

A_World_Maker 23:16 30 Nov 03

ermm search box is at the top, right hand side... enter Syncmaster 750s.. or this link might work click here

glen2409 00:14 01 Dec 03

Thanks, that has installed my samsung monitor but I still have the two default monitors listed. When I uninstall them thet reappear after I reboot.

©®@$? 00:19 01 Dec 03

try removing them in safe mode from device manager

glen2409 00:21 01 Dec 03

I have tried that thnaks but they dont appear in safe mode

A_World_Maker 17:35 01 Dec 03

Which monitor is listed as your default, in the desktop properties (right hand click on Settings... advanced.. monitor)? If it is not shown as a samsung... can you select it from the drop down box and select it as your default. Now you have the samsung drivers installed, check in Device Manager, to see if it is working okay (no yellow or red marks against it).

I am thinking that you may have a bent pin on your monitor lead, or a short on the graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…