Problems with my laptop

maund 18:28 05 Nov 05

Hello all,

I've got an Advent 7027 laptop and it seems to have recently developed a few problems. First of all, a few days ago, the keyboard stopped functioning correctly (I've already posted a message about this). And now, when I turn on my laptop, it seems to go nuts! The search window keeps appearing and every time I close it, it just keeps coming back up again.

Also, the whole desktop and icons start blinking...could I have a virus? I have ran NORTON and everything comes up OK. I've got no idea what this could be...please help.

David M

VoG II 18:31 05 Nov 05

Try a scan with Ewido click here

alexgray104 18:31 05 Nov 05

Dunno what i'd do. Just for suggestions, maybe a clean install if you have the relevant software,what is it running at the moment??

maund 18:42 05 Nov 05

I've got windows XP, a clean install would be my last method of attack.

gfpbatpcadvisor 18:26 06 Apr 06

try using both avg anti virus and avast anti virus to scan also on the avast site you can find a trojan killer all are free and I find they catch more than norton I have used these for quite sometime and they are spot on. you may want to run an adware scanner as well something like lavasoft adware remover. just to note none of the above interfere with each other, unlike norton which does not like other virus protectors. so disable norton before using the other detectors

ade.h 18:32 06 Apr 06

Quote: "Try using both AVG and Avast anti-virus..."

I hope that the above poster meant that you should try either of these or one after the other, because it is commonly accepted that you must not have more than one AV installed - never mind running - at one time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…