Problems with my friends User Account

julius44 12:13 17 Dec 09

Hello there, my friend just range me from work, as she wanted some advice, she has a windows vista laptop, and she said a problem started 3 days ago.
The laptop has 2 user accounts, the first 1 is hers, and it has a password, and the 2nd one is called others, and her partner uses this account and it has no password. She stated that about 3 days ago she can no longer get internet access via her user account, BUT the internet works fine on the 2nd user account. She only has the free AVG for protection. Do u think this could be a virus issue please??? She harldy scans her lapto anyway, and maybe AVG did not pick up anything......or do u think it could be a differnet problem?????

howard64 11:01 18 Dec 09

I would suggest that she runs system restore to see if that sorts things out. If that does not work it may be that the rj45 connection has stopped working on her account this could be fixed by using device manager and uninstalling the ethernet connection on her account - reboot and it should be reinstalled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…