Problems with my display settings

danfrost2202 17:31 08 Apr 07

I am having problems with my display, my laptop for some reason now won't let me have a Picture as my background, when i go to 'display', where the pictures are it is greyed over so I can't choose anything, I am only able to just a colour for my background.

I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to restore the default display settings as this is the only way I can think of changing this. I have tried system restore but it dosent work.

when the laptop starts up, I see the photo background then the colour goes on top of it and I can't get it to go away. I know this is not a major problem and it dosent effect how the laptop functions but its annoying and I'm sure some people can understand just how annoying it is.

patton 17:41 08 Apr 07

have you tried going to the actual picture and right clicking on it and choosing set as desk top background

danfrost2202 17:47 08 Apr 07

Yea, I've tried all different ways of getting the picture on the background but it wont work

Legolas 19:09 08 Apr 07

Hi danfrost2202 I got this from another site worth a try

I think this is caused by a virus or spyware attack. It took me ages to find out how to fix it but i eventually got it fixed.

When you right click on the desktop and go to display, are all the desktops greyed out and the scroll bar is greyed out?

If so download Desktop Clean.

click here

Just run it and it will fix you desktop errors for you. It worked for me. It should automatically run when you click it.
if it don't open goto c:\desktopclean and double click on cleandesktop.vbs.

Your icons, taskbar, startmenu and explorer will close and restart. i think it then asks you to press F5 to restart your desktop.

danfrost2202 12:27 09 Apr 07

Thanks alot thats solved the problem really appreciate it, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…