Problems with M'softs new critical updates.

fuzzyone 16:48 10 Feb 05

Yesterday downloaded the new critical updates for XP.

After installation, and when asked to reboot, my pc, froze on the log in page, and had to be manually reset. ( this happened 4 times)

Also my zonealarm firewall, had lost all of it's program settings. (not critical but obviously annoying)

The p.c. is booting up fine today, and there doesn't seem to be any more problems.

Has anyone else had any problems like these.? and are there any info on the reasons behind them.?

Thanks for any info to be given.

stylehurst 17:21 10 Feb 05

Just installed the referred to updates; not had any of the problems you describe

zarobian 17:28 10 Feb 05

May be a glitch or something lurking there,that was a bit annoyed. My Computer is set to Auto download which has done the job quitely. Though I did check the Download Histry to confirm the download.

fuzzyone 17:45 10 Feb 05

I think you are probably right about a glitch.

It doesn't seem to have caused problems anywhere else.

Oh well, i suppose if pc's were straightforward there would be no forums like this one.

€dstowe 17:56 10 Feb 05

On installing in one of my machines the message came up: "Windows is unable to install these updates."

It then proceeded to install them.

mikef. 18:38 10 Feb 05

€dstowe did that on my laptop as well!!

fuzzyone 19:10 10 Feb 05

I should have stated, it did that on my installation also.

Note the username. Very apt.

S5W 19:14 10 Feb 05

Me too, then auto update changed the install time to 0300 every day at which time my computer is usually swithed off. Ah gremlins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…