problems with msn messenger 7.5 and hotmail

jimdee79 19:49 17 Feb 06

my friend has a pc with an intel pentium 4 2.8 ghz processor, 256mb ram and a 512kb broadband connection. they use zone alarm for a firewall and norton anti virus.

The internet works fine apart from when trying to access hotmail as in click here. They have to try over and over to read their hotmail email, until eventually it works.

Also they have extreme difficulty logging into msn messenger 7.5 always recieving the 'try again later, troubleshoot' window. After a million times trying to sign in eventually it works but they live in canada and i live in the uk and when they type something to me i hardly ever recieve it in my conversation window.

Windows messenger works ok, why does messenger 7.5 struggle so much? and why is it an ordeal to get the hotmail web page up when all other websites work fine?

hope someone can help...

Jak_1 19:57 17 Feb 06

Try hamatch instead of msn, much more secure and extremely easy to setup. You have your own private network and cansee instantly woho of your group is online. It takes less than a minute to set up!

click here

ps. I advise that you disable fileshareing to start with.

For email have a look at:

click here

Personly I will not have msm nor hotmail as more viruses etc are spread through them than anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac