problems with msconfig at startup

the old man 17:26 03 Jul 05

A couple of days ago I ran the above and checked on what programs were loading at startup. Since then the system configuration utility has been coming up saying it is in selective or diagnostic mode. I am 100 per cent certain that I am in normal mode and a spybot message comes up about items being denied changes when I close an alert box, there is no other option. How do i check what is wrong and correct my mistakes.

woodchip 17:29 03 Jul 05

When the box comes up do not click ok or off. You should see a box bottom left put tick in box then click ok

VoG II 17:32 03 Jul 05

When you get the message about selective mode, tick the box to not show this message again. It is simply telling you what you already know - that you have disabled one or more start up entries.

Or, if you didn't mean to disable anything, go back into msconfig and make sure that everything is ticked on the Startup tab.

the old man 17:33 03 Jul 05

I see the tick box but no 'ok' box. only option is to close window with x in top right

woodchip 17:39 03 Jul 05

Yep thats what you do tick it and close

the old man 17:48 03 Jul 05

put tick in box again but then another box to do with spybot resident comes up.
this asks to remember an answer but has no options for answering ok, cancel or whatever, just to close the window via the x in top right

VoG II 18:02 03 Jul 05

I'm not sure what you mean - if you could give the exact Spybot message it might help.

About Spybot's resident shield click here

the old man 18:48 03 Jul 05

seems I have a problem with the new update of spybot and its incorporated new gizmo 'teatimer'. Am dealing with it away from forum. Thanks for help though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…