Problems with MS Acess & MS Publisher

BOBFIX 19:01 31 Aug 04

Can anyone tell me why I can't open MS (XP) Access files when I have installed MS(XP) Publisher on my PC? It works ok when I remove MS publisher! I have tried changing the collating settings as it so helpfully sugests to no avail, what am I missing here?

Bonfix

Muckle 20:29 31 Aug 04

I have experienced similar problems with Office 2000. Publisher is on a seperate CD with all sorts of 'extras' for the basic Office installation - if you have done a full install with CD2 it makes changes to the Access installation (something to do with Small Business tools?). The result is, when you double click a database you get an error message and in my case it requested Office CD1 to complete an installation. A work around is to open Access from the start menu and find your database from the 'More files...' link of the dialogue box. I have had success on a couple of machines by putting in CD1 when requested, but an additional issue is with Windows 2000 - it only works with Power users and Administrators.
Sorry about all the waffle - the bottom line is load CD1 and when the option appears select 'repair' to see if that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…