Problems with Monitor

geewis357 20:35 31 Aug 06

Hi Guys,
I spent a few hours with a friends PC today installing a legit XP home OS everithing went well till I got home and a phone call from my friend revealed that the monitor he uses at home is actualy a flat screen tv that he can use with a pc (the one we used at work was an old crt) windows starts to load but instead of the welcome screen it goes blank, then displays no signal. Has anybody any Ideas.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:07 31 Aug 06

Boot to safe mode (F8) load TFT drivers and reboot.

geewis357 21:13 31 Aug 06

where will the option to load the tft drivers be

STREETWORK 21:21 31 Aug 06

If it is reporting no signal, then this is normally down to a connection. Is it plugged in correctly to the right socket.

geewis357 21:24 31 Aug 06

my friend asures me that it is all conected up corectly

STREETWORK 22:00 31 Aug 06

Again, if there is no signal being recieved then the PC is not able to sent the signal down the cable. Check the cable for any damage including the pin connectors.

Second, try another monitor if you have one as this may throw light on any other issues.

geewis357 22:03 31 Aug 06

as i said, the crt at work was fine, yesterday the tv was fine

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:05 31 Aug 06

"windows starts to load but instead of the welcome screen it goes blank."

This is when it swaps from safe mode generic drivers to your CRT driver which does not suit the TV.

You need to load drivers for the Tv what make is it?

geewis357 22:14 31 Aug 06

The make is not known to me as yet, what I am thinking is that windows has loaded its own driver for graphics card instead of the makers driver, cos it looked ok I never checked cos we were running out of time (dooing it in working hours) he is bringing comp back tommorow with all the disks he got from new.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac