//some 3rd party need geo

Problems with Monitor

wingfield 09:29 04 Mar 05

I asking this for a friend. He keeps his pc on all night long but turns the monitor off. When he goes to use it in the day he turns on the monitor but within seconds it switches off. Why is this happening and what can be done to change it?

Thanks

Gongoozler 10:03 04 Mar 05

Hi wingfield. If the PC is left switched on, I suspect that it has gone into hibernation (Check Control Panel - Power Options). If this is the case, then when the monitor is switched on, it immediately detects that there is no signal and so goes into "Power Saving" mode and switches off.

wingfield 11:27 04 Mar 05

Ok that's cool. How do you sort out the problem though if you are unable to see the screen? Does he need to send the monitor for repairs or is there another way?

Wak 11:37 04 Mar 05

Try turning the PC off and start from scratch.

Gongoozler 11:53 04 Mar 05

The computer should come out of hibernation just by pressing a keyboard key (I usually use the spacebar), but some computers have problems with this. Switching the computer off then on again as suggested by Wak should resolve this. There are no monitor repairs that would help, and in any case repairing a monitor generally costs more than the price of a new monitor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…