problems with microsoft update help please

dazzling 14:39 13 Nov 05

i am halfway through a download that will not restart can anyone tell me where update stores its half downloaded files so i can delete it and start again. many thanks darren

Forum Editor 14:41 13 Nov 05

the Windows updater will automatically pick up the download from where it left off.

dazzling 14:44 13 Nov 05

dear f.e. thats the problem it attempts to for ages with no movement on the download bar then in 10 seconds goes from 17 mb to 34mb tries to install and fails.i have attempted it 4 times now all failures. darren

Forum Editor 14:48 13 Nov 05

There are various reasons why updates don't complete, and not all of them are related to your machine. Microsoft's download servers are the busiest on the planet, and from time to time glitches occur - a 24 hour interlude may do the trick. Come back here if it doesn't.

dazzling 14:49 13 Nov 05

thank you will do.

BEN MARSHALL 17:49 13 Nov 05

If you go to wclick here and select the download your having trouble with, then wright down its MS Security bulletin Number and then go to click here in the search Tech - Net dialogue box type in the MS Security Bulletin number and click search then download the file and install it manually. Then disable Microsoft Windows Auto - Update restart your PC and then Reactivate Windows Auto - Update.

dazzling 22:02 19 Nov 05

thanks ben that worked a treat. darren

Stuartli 22:13 19 Nov 05

You can go straight to the latest MS Security Bulletin downloads from the second Tuesday of each month at:

click here

if you have any problems with WindowsUpdate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…