Problems with Microsoft Intellipoint 4.1 mouse

jellycrunch 14:02 14 Sep 03

I bought a Microsoft Intellipoint 4.1 mouse, it was sluggish and radomly went upwards and to left on its own. Took it back to the shop after one week and they replaced it. Re-installed new mouse, using new USP port (without the adaptor) and its now much better, but does still go up and to left, on its own, and at times is sluggish. Anyone have any ideas please?

Jester2K II 14:05 14 Sep 03

Optical or ball?

Jester2K II 14:05 14 Sep 03

If optical what type surface are you using the mouse on??

Avoid black, repeating patterns and glass.

-pops- 14:11 14 Sep 03

I have a similar mouse and I always use a piece of white paper as a mousemat. This paper also doubles as a note/doodle pad and when it is scribbled on all over I throw it away and use another.

Try that.

jellycrunch 14:19 14 Sep 03

Its an optical mouse. Running Windows XP professional. New mouse mat. Yes, have tried plain white paper over mouse mat too.

-pops- 14:22 14 Sep 03

There is some "joke" software called Crazy Mouse or something like that.

Do a search in your machine for anything resembling Crazy Mouse.

-pops- 14:29 14 Sep 03

This may help. click here

jellycrunch 15:26 14 Sep 03

Thanks Pops, have just installed Mcaffe today and no virus detected (un-installed Norton. Did a search for Crazy Mouse and nothing came up.
Going to try mouse on another computer now.
Thanks so much for your help, appreciated.

jellycrunch 16:54 14 Sep 03

-pops- it worked perfectly on the other machine. Up to now, its fine on this machine, fingers crossed. If it does go strange again, that means there is a problem with this computer somewhere? Could you point me in any direction please to start looking? (I dont trust it now!!). Thank you.

-pops- 17:49 14 Sep 03

Fickle things aren't they?

Not sure what you can do other than what you have done. I have read reports about poor connections and similar causing problems like this so you could try reseating the connector into your computer. Be careful only to do this with USB while the computer is switched on. PS2 doesn't like it.

On other thing, don't have the mouse connected via a hub. Ideally, don't have anything connected via a hub. If you are short of USB connectors it is far better and cheaper to buy a new USB PCI card.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…