Problems merges into Word97 from Access 97

Blott 11:32 20 Oct 04

I have several documents which merge from Acess Database into Word97, using word templates ( *.dot files).

All goes well, and the Template sets up a document which meges well and I then "save as" as a *.doc file.

OK so far. However, the problem arises when I come to re-open the saved document :- I am then asked for the database password. If I then click on cancel, the document eventually opens, after a warning that DDE connection with the database could not be made.
When I come to close it I am asked if I wish to save changes to the Template ( *.dot).

If I click "yes" on that the connection between the Template and the database is lost, and next time I merge I have to go through the rigmarole of re-connecting.

This is a major inconvenience for me but is a real problem to anyone to whom I want to e-mail the merged document. Most recipients are unaware of the difficulty and say they cannot open the document.

Is there any way of completely severing the connection between the database and the merges document when it is saved, without severing the connection between the template and the database ??

Any help appreciated.

Regards to all
Blott

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…