problems with mcafee internet suite 6

numcy 19:51 06 Jul 04

A friend of mine has installed the above software following problems with Norton. He now cant connect to the internet since installing. OS XP, any advice greatly recieved.

VoG II 19:59 06 Jul 04

What do I do if I Can't Access the Internet After Installing Personal Firewall/Plus?

Right-click the McAfee icon.

Click Personal Firewall.

Click Internet Applications.

Note: This list shows the applications that have attempted to access the Internet while the Personal Firewall has been installed.

Scroll through the list and make note of applications that have been blocked. Consider granting outbound access to system services and to software required for network connectivity:
svchost.exe- Generic Host Process for Windows Services (These are system services required by Windows.)

lsass.exe- Local Security Authentication Server (This is how you connect to your network.)

waol.exe- America Online (This allows you to communicate on the AOL network.)

spoolsv.exe- Printer Spooler Subsystem (This allows you to print to a network printer.)

iexplore.exe- Internet Explorer (This is a Microsoft browser.)

outlook.exe- Microsoft Outlook (This is an email client.)

msimn.exe- Microsoft Outlook Express (This is an email client.)

Auditing the List of Banned IP Addresses

Click Utilities..

Click on Trusted & Banned IPs.

Click the Banned IP Addresses tab.

Confirm with your ISP that none of the IP addresses listed should be trusted.
Remove any banned IP addresses that should be trusted so you can access the Internet.

Still can't access the Internet?

Personal Firewall may be confused with the status of your network. This can happen when you have another firewall installed, too many modems installed and enabled, or your Network Properties are configured improperly. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and have them remove all of your Dial-up Networking, Dial-up and TCP/IP Adapters and rebuild your Internet connection.

Note: You may notice increased performance in your connection as a result of this.

Be sure to completely uninstall Personal Firewall and, if installed, McAfee Privacy Service before calling your ISP. Once you have your networking reconfigured, reinstall Personal Firewall.

numcy 20:03 06 Jul 04

I will pass this onto my friend, thank you very much for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…