Problems with MBS?

helpinghand 15:07 11 Aug 07

There's a new forum dedicated to the MBS topic which has just appeared, called MBSVictims. Might be worth a look?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:16 11 Aug 07

How about posting a link please?

helpinghand 15:30 11 Aug 07

This is the link
click here

pj123 15:44 11 Aug 07

Doesn't really matter how many Forums or Threads there are about MBS, one thing still stands out.

Despite many emotive claims to date, nobody has provided proof that installation is without user consent.

Without that proof it means that MBS are not operating illegally, it may not be ethical but it is not illegal.

helpinghand 15:56 11 Aug 07

All your points are valid - but is that a reason to accept what appears to be the unacceptable? I'm not a victim, but I don't think this is what we want on the internet. I've heard they're spreading out onto other websites now, too, which means everybody is becoming more vulnerable - and there will always be people not prepared to read through 13 pages of terms and conditions .....

wee eddie 16:03 11 Aug 07

It appears that you are only vulnerable if you haven't got the balls to fess up and pay for your viewing pleasure!

helpinghand 16:17 11 Aug 07

I'm note sure that's true for everyone. And I'm not sure that you can be so sure, either. But, even if it were true, would you want to be deemed responsible for paying up when somebody else has used your computer to view p*rn? - I rather think not!

pj123 16:33 11 Aug 07

helpinghand, I'm not a victim either but I have to say that I am one of the people who never read the Ts and Cs.

As I understand it, this site offers a free 3 day trial with full access. If you don't cancel within the 3 days you will be charged.

Has anybody actually tried to cancel within the 3 days and did it work?

Lots of company's offer free trials (normally longer than 3 days) but at least when the trial period is over it is cancelled automatically. They don’t charge you unless you opt to buy the product. That is where MBS falls in to disrepute.

helpinghand 16:40 11 Aug 07

I think there are people who've had difficulties in cancelling, from what I've seen on the forums.

I think there's a lot of ways in which MBS fall into disrepute, and it is scarcely credible that UK authorities aren't more mindful of these. Now, in the US, by contrast, similar schemes using very similar software have come into criticism, and I believe there is a class action in process in relation to these.

I spotted something on the new site asking how Trading Standards can be prompted into taking matters more seriously. Now, there's a challenge!

helpinghand 16:40 11 Aug 07

I think there are people who've had difficulties in cancelling, from what I've seen on the forums.

I think there's a lot of ways in which MBS fall into disrepute, and it is scarcely credible that UK authorities aren't more mindful of these. Now, in the US, by contrast, similar schemes using very similar software have come into criticism, and I believe there is a class action in process in relation to these.

I spotted something on the new site asking how Trading Standards can be prompted into taking matters more seriously. Now, there's a challenge!

pj123 16:40 11 Aug 07

helpinghand.

"would you want to be deemed responsible for paying up when somebody else has used your computer to view p*rn? - I rather think not!"

Why do they all say that?

It wasn't me, somebody else must have used my computer.

Nobody else can use my computer, it is password protected in the BIOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5