Problems with Maxblast 3

Bowsprit 14:31 22 Jun 04

When i try to run this file it won't open and "Send report to Microsoft" appears.This is what is shown under the Technical Details in report:- C:\Doc.and Set.\name\Local Settings\Temp\WER4.temp.dir00\accompat.txt. Does anyone know what the problem is.

byfordr 14:41 22 Jun 04

Don't you need to save it to floppy?

Bowsprit 14:54 22 Jun 04

This is the download thats used on computers that already have an OS.It's over 3MB.I suppose i can download the floppy one and use it if i disable existing disks.

sicknote 14:59 22 Jun 04

Maxblast 3 is for installation and partioning of maxtor hard drives,It is downloaded to H/D and then to floppy disc.

sicknote 15:03 22 Jun 04

Maxtor 3 Bootable cd click here

Maxtor3 Bootable floppy click here

SEASHANTY 16:06 22 Jun 04

Maxblast 3. How to install and use for Maxtor hard
drives click here

hugh-265156 16:19 22 Jun 04

i just used it a few weeks back to transfer everything from my old drive to my new maxtor and the first download i tried was the floppy version. it didnt work(gave me an error saying could not find X:/L.bat on the floppy even though it was) but the windows version worked ok for me.

windows version click here

Chegs ® 17:06 22 Jun 04

When MaxBlast gave me trouble,I found a post stating the software isn't happy if you use an NVidia graphics card.I used to get a "General Protection Fault" error.

Bowsprit 17:46 22 Jun 04

I managed to use a Maxblast floppy on the new disk after i disconnected power from the other disks.You could be right about the graphics as i have NVidia on this computer and it would not run on another which has a NVidia card as well.Pity it wouldn't work with the bigger Maxblast download as you can do a lot more with it.Thanks for the pointer about NVidia.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…