Problems logging onto BT.com pay bills

Zurdo 09:20 16 May 06

I'm suddenly having problems getting to the view and pay bills page on bt.com. The page just won't load. I'm running winxp sp1 and the problem occurs on both IE and Firefox. I've tried flushing the dns cache but it's still a no go. It's the same on another comp using the connection via Internet Connection Sharing. I'm on btyahoo bb (2mb). Is it my comp or btyahoo or bt.com? Any help would be appreciated.

Tabvla 09:34 16 May 06

I can login without any problem, so the BT site seems to be OK.

In Firefox, do you have JavaScript enabled?

In IE, do you have Internet security set to "Medium" or have you added BT.com to your "Trusted Sites" and set the security of Trusted Sites to "Medium" ?

Zurdo 09:48 16 May 06

Yes to Javascript and security of trusted sites set to low. Tried adding bt.com to trusted sites and it made no difference.

Zurdo 10:06 16 May 06

Seems others have the same problem. see click here=

Zurdo 10:48 16 May 06

Must have been a bt glitch as it's all back to normal now. Thanks Tabvla for the help.

Souter Point 10:49 16 May 06

Site billing was down earlier but seems to be OK now.

€dstowe 11:22 16 May 06

Not directly connected with your current problem but you should be running SP2 to be current with all the security and updates available for Windows XP.

Zurdo 12:09 16 May 06

I keep up to date with windows update, run an antivirus prog, spywareblaster, adaware, spybot s&d, and ccleaner. I have an older version of Nero which cannot be updated to be compatible with sp2 etc. and use windows firewall etc. I've had very little bother with spyware or viruses so rightly or wrongly feel I do not want to install sp2. It if ain't broke don't fix it they say. May be that I live to regret it but I'll stick to sp1 for now.

Zurdo 12:10 16 May 06

Oh, and I usually stick to Firefox unless forced to use IE!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…